DF Access for Students
Students can get access to Design Factory 24/7/365 by applying on the at the Aalto Identity Management -site (IDM): idm.aalto.fi
There are two actions you need to take on IDM:
a.1 Checking/Registering an Access Token
b.2 Applying for DF Access
a) Access Token
2) On the IDM home page click on ‘Access tokens’
Check if you have an existing student access token (HSL card) or staff access token (key tag) registered. If you have one registered and you don’t want to add a new token, you can skip to section B.
3) To add a new token, click on ‘Register token’ at the bottom
4) Select the ‘Student access token (HSL)’ from the dropdown menu
5) Type in the HSL card number from the back of your card
- Click ‘Save’. You should see a green confirmation box at the top.
- Click the Building icon at the top left to return to IDM home page
In case you have trouble with the HSL card, please be in touch with Klaus Castrén to agree on a time to pick up a key tag from DF. When registering a key tag, follow the instructions above with the exception of selecting ‘Staff access token’ from the dropdown, even if you are a student.
b) DF Access
1) On the IDM home page click ‘Start a new request’
2) Click ‘Physical access to special zones
3) Next to ‘Betonimiehenkuja 5 Design Factory for staff and students 24/7’ click on ‘Add to cart’. (Note: Do not select either of the ‘Keitsi’ ones!)
4) Under ‘Reason for request’ write the name of the DF course you are on, or any other reason why you want access to DF
5) Add Martti Jerkku as the contact person and click ‘Ok’
6) Enter current date into ‘Valid from’ and the end date for access (e.g. end date of course) into ‘Valid until’
- Click ‘Submit’
- After the green confirmation box, you can log out.
- The activation of your access can take a few days. You can check the status from IDM or by trying your access token to one of the locked DF doors (e.g. downstairs back yard).