Join us on Tuesday December 5th at 2:00PM at the Stage to celebrate the release of our new book, Passion-based Co-Creation.Continue reading
Read on for insights from the d.confestival and d.safari in September 2017 on how design thinking can be brought to large companies.Continue reading
In Finland, much of the nation halts to a stand-still in July. This can offer a perfect time to refresh and get some new inspiration for your work. Read on for a few questions you may want to ask yourself, and some easy reads to provoke more thinking on the topics.Continue reading
In an ideal world, one would only be doing things that one loves most. A true team player is a person, who loves to do whatever is needed, in order to achieve the common goal. A perfect team player is exactly what we are looking for.
In this particular position – it’s all about communication. But what is communication in our case? Sometimes you need to be precise as an accountant, sometimes more like a creative director in the following fields:
- Event coordination (managing reservations, being the touch point for guidance and help, technical support)
- Internal and external communication (reports, website, social media)
- Visitor management (as part of the team: tour hosting, administration)
- Being one of our jacks-of-all-trades (e.g. urgent help in printing, 3D printing, AV-systems, photographing & filming tasks) so you definitely cannot be afraid of technology!
It’s a part-time job and you must be able to proceed with your studies as well. However, if you could combine these two duties in a way that makes you easily accessible and ‘visible’ at Design Factory, that would be perfect. We will fully support your studies with truly flexible work arrangements, on the other hand we highly appreciate your help sometimes on very early mornings or very late evenings.
A good candidate fulfills the following specs:
- a social, positive and energetic person,
- like a fish in the ocean with different social media channels,
- passionate about exploring, developing and testing means for good communication and information sharing,
- a student of Aalto University, who could commit for staying with us for 1-2 years before graduation,
- who already has had a touch point to Design Factory community, e.g. through courses, projects or other activities in the ecosystem,
- fluent both in Finnish and English.
You are expected to communicate with several different stakeholders, write blogposts and organize everyday situations. In general, you must handle and organize many things at the same time, never being afraid to face new challenges with positive and proactive attitude. You should be able to work both independently and together with engineers, designers and business guys and gals alike, take responsibility, and be a true team player at heart.
Working at Design Factory
As Design Factory is an experimental learning platform, this position also gives you a great opportunity to learn new things. If you aren’t a master in social media, photographing, visual communications tools or WordPress yet you will get a chance to learn all of that. You will have lots of flexibility and room to see what is needed, and personalize your own position. Most importantly, you are in charge of your own work and the job shouldn’t delay your studies.
The position is part time, starting immediately as a good candidate is found. We hope that you could be working 16-24h/week.
How to apply?
Tell us about yourself in any way you feel most appropriate for this position by contacting Tiina Tuulos, tiina.tuulos(at)aalto.fi.
All you need is love, design, business and engineering.